Friday, February 12, 2010

Keep Your Face to the Sunshine...

Tuesday night a friend of mine passed away. She was one amazing witness of God's power and love. Leigh Allyn Tucker has lived her 23 years of life with Cystic Fibrosis. This, however, never defined Leigh Allyn's life. To define Leigh Allyn would be to use words like, love, peace, spirited, and the list can contiue on and on. Leigh Allyn is still someone I think of when someone asks, who did you look up to growing up? Who made a difference in your life and probably never knew it? This and so much more defined Leigh Allyn in my life. On Leigh Allyn's blog she wrote about life with CF and daily routines as well as how she was dealing with the disease. These are a few words from Leigh Allyn.
"I do not feel sorry for myself for having a chronic illness, for I believe it has brought people in and out of my life that I normally wouldn't have met. It has made me the strong woman I am today. I can't imagine life without this disease. I feel God has put this obstacle in my lap to show others you can't take life for granted and you must live it to its fullest. My faith keeps me strong and keeps me living day to day....no matter your situation, if you keep your face to the sunshine and to Him you can do ANYTHING. Leigh Allyn Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment